To save an SSL certificate to a file, follow the steps below:
- Navigate to the secure website (https) in your browser.
- Click on the lock icon to the left of the Address Bar.
- Click on the “More Information” button.
- Select the “Security” tab.
- Click on the “View Certificate” button.
- Click on the “Details” tab.
- Click on the “Export” button”.
- Give the file a new name if required, and choose the location where the file is to be saved.
- Choose the “Save as type” option that you require. “X.509 Certificate (PEM)” is the default choice.
- Click the “Save” button.