Professional engineer with over 10 years' industry experience. Experienced both in fast-paced and long-term collaborative coding environments, in tight deadlines, steep learning curves and leading teams. Qualifications include a MSc in Multimedia and a BSc in Computer Applications, and most recently a Certificate in Fundamentals of UX Design. Skill set includes, but is not limited to:
• Part of the User Experience and Rapid Applications Development team.
• This team is responsible for usability research and ensuring a highly satisfying user experience. It also leads rapid deployment of minimum viable products (MVPs) across web and mobile.
• Lead Web Developer for the v1.0 release of “Tyco On Fire Services”. As a result of this well-received MVP, full funding was granted for production-level development.
• Implemented interfaces that enabled authorized users to login and add/edit/delete their Fire Safety Panels, along with the Buildings and Facilities that contained them. They could also create and submit Inspection Reports.
• Lead Developer for the “Rapid Apps Ecosystem” project, that consists of three separate web applications: The Developer Network, The Smart Solutions Center and The Design Hub.
• Senior Front-end Developer for IBM X-Force Exchange - a cloud-based threat intelligence platform that enables users to research security threats, aggregate actionable intelligence and collaborate with their peers. Personally responsible for adding new functionality to the "social" section of the site, where users can create "collections" of vulnerabilities, IPs, URLs, and web applications. For each piece of work, wireframe mockups were created to facilitate communication between Design and Development.
• Lead Developer for a release of “Service Health for IBM SmartCloud Provisioning”. This solution, developed using Java and backend scripts, combined two existing IBM products so a cloud administrator could monitor their cloud infrastructure.
• Lead Front-end Developer for three separate web-based projects. The technology being used ranged from HTML5, CSS3 and Bootstrap to Node.js and AngularJS.
• Two of these projects were designed and implemented to be cross-platform web-apps, allowing customers to be reached across desktops, tablets and phones.
• Responsible for producing wireframes and paper-prototypes as part of the initial design process.
• Produced and narrated a series of technical marketing videos to promote a product online.
• Developed online simulators for E-Learning products using Flex and ActionScript.
• Worked as part of a team creating simulators for Personal Protective Equipment and 3D Electrical Safety products.
• Lead Developer for a Manual Handling Simulator, which was completed ahead of schedule.
• Responsible for designing and implementing the entire user interface for a custom Learning Management System (LMS).
• Additionally implemented a Statistics section for this LMS, where charts and other data allowed students to analyse all aspects of their performance. Supervisors could also compare and contrast how all students were performing.
• Primary responsibilities involved the development of games for mobile phones, and porting the products to multiple handsets.
• Project Lead for two separate projects involving Disney, which required the creation of project plans, requirement specs, working prototypes, etc – and submission to the client for approval.
• As Project Lead, was also responsible for managing the output of other programmers and any art/music contributors.
• Team member for projects involving Sony, Universal and Konami. These included official games for Miami Vice, Wallace and Gromit and the musician 50 Cent.
Final Award: Distinction
This Certificate was awarded based on project-work designed to evaluate your knowledge of course materials by putting it into practice. The project brief was to choose a problem, conduct research and/or user interviews to gain insight and empathy, and then design and evaluate one or more paper prototypes to solve the problem.
See my project website for more details.
Final Thesis – “Enhanced Graphics for Mobile Devices”
Thesis Award: First-Class Honours
The thesis was based on the research of current graphics techniques used in the development of applications for mobile devices; and the implementation of more advanced technologies that were yet to be commonly used.
See my portfolio for more details.